A Guide to Wellness Retreats in IndiaMay 10, 2017
When I first met Karan in NYC he joked that lots of people treated him like “Lonely Planet India” and would ask for all sorts of India travel advice. Well, now that I’ve been living in India for 7 months, it’s happening to me too! AND I LOVE IT. There’s a phrase called “Indian by serendipity” for the lucky people like me who get to call this crazy, chaotic, wonderful country their home
So recently a friend of a friend asked me about wellness or Ayurveda retreats she should check out for an upcoming trip to India. I asked in my Mumbai moms group and here are the responses. Please note, I have not vetted this list! It’s ON YOU to do your research! But it’s still a great list and I now want to plan my own retreat
- Atmantan Wellness Centre – close to Mumbai, I think near Pune (4 votes)
- Ananda in the Himalayas (4 votes, super fancy, was featured in GOOP)
- Ayurvedic Village is in Panvel outside Mumbai. I’ve been there twice! It’s fairly basic, but really nice to be in nature and the doctor and treatments are quite nice. Stay awhile!
- Jindal Nature Cure, Bangalore (4 votes, although someone mentioned it’s for curing serious ailments rather than wellness)
- Balaji Tambe at Karla. Near Mumbai
- Devaaya Ayurveda & Nature Cure Centre in Goa
- Arya Vaidya Shala or Nagarjuna near Cochin for panchkarma. Basic accommodations and a bit hardcore, although rooms have A/C.
- Vana in Dehradun (4 votes)
- Soukya near Bangalore
- Pema Wellness in Vizag (looks fancy)
- Sri Sri Ayurveda in Bangalore
- Nattika near Kochi (looks fancy)
- Kare Ayurveda
I personally told her to look into Vipassana meditation course (10 day silent meditation retreat held all over India), the Sivananda yoga teacher’s training course (30 day residential course) and to visit the Himalayas. These were some of the highlights when Karan and I took our sabbatical.
That’s all I’ve got for now! I’ll keep updating this list and I learn more! LMK if you have questions!
Cozy Little Sleeper, a 3-week course for newborns age 0 to 4 months
Fix Your Baby's Schedule
Is your baby's sleep schedule all over the place? If a consistent schedule would be a huge relief, download this free guide for all the tips I teach clients to set a predictable daily schedule for baby.
We will never sell your information, for any reason.